Here are the 7 reports of police misconduct tracked for Wednesday, November 12, 2014:
- Update: Winston County, Alabama (First reported 06-05-14): A now-former sheriff’s deputy previously jailed on state charges now faces federal charges for extorting a woman to cook methamphetamine. http://ow.ly/Ebkvt
- Louis County, Missouri: A journalist is suing the police department over his arrest at the Ferguson police shooting protests. ow.ly/Eb5Ua
- Update: New York, New York (First reported 10-07-14): Two officers were officially charged for hitting teenager with their fists and a gun during an incident that was caught on video. Both the officers, who both have been on the force for nine years, pled not guilty. ly/EaUkx
- Baltimore, Maryland: The city’s Board of Estimates is poised to award $40,000 to a woman who was struck by a police vehicle while crossing the street. ly/EaSr4
- Colchester, Vermont: A police corporal is on unpaid leave from the force following his arrest on suspicion of stealing drug and gun evidence from the department’s evidence room. ly/EaGyT
- Update: Newport, Tennessee (First reported 07-28-14): Officials say a police officer indicted on official misconduct charges “has officially retired” from the force.
- Update: New York, New York (Previously reported 07-01-14): A now-former police officer acquitted of conspiring to kidnap, kill and eat women was sentenced to time served for unlawfully accessing a federal database. He also received one year of probation, must continue to get mental health treatment and cannot contact women involved in the case. http://ow.ly/EbESZ