Due to travel and work over the weekend I wasn’t able to track reports too well. Hopefully I’ll have some time to catch the reports I missed and pull them into Monday’s report.
With that said, here are the 6 reports of police misconduct tracked in our National Police Misconduct News Feed for this weekend of July 9-10, 2011:
- 2 Baton Rouge LA cops are shown on video repeatedly slamming a cuffed man on the hood of a cruiser after that man declared he wanted to file report.  http://bit.ly/q7QjXF
- A Manheim PA cop was arrested on corruption of a minor charges on allegations of inappropriate contact with a teen girl over a period of 4 years.  http://bit.ly/qygwii
- Adrian Twp MI police chief left dept under allegations of unprofessional conduct, but officials won’t say if he was fired or resigned.  http://bit.ly/qNfCrH
- 1 of 17 Denver CO cops on a Brady list for dishonesty, criminal records or disciplinary issues. However it appears that this info is not well shared with defendants and their lawyers.  http://bit.ly/qamxka
- Detroit MI cop rescued from burning car by good Samaritan is suspended after testing positive for alcohol & drug use in that crash.  http://bit.ly/pTdQpy
- Marinette WI cop cited for drunk driving after colliding with another motorcyclist while off duty a day after that town’s mayor got a DUI as well.  http://bit.ly/nDmaYQ
Again, sorry for the lag on the news feed, I didn’t sleep for about 38 hours yesterday and it was non-stop work from the moment I arrived in LA until I finally made it to the hotel they put me up in Korea town, where I appear to be the token non-Korean today. It doesn’t help that I haven’t had time to eat either. Didn’t wake up till now, hence why I’m finally writing this weekend’s report.
The next few days will be hectic for me, but I’ll try to keep the feed going as best I can.
Stay safe out there.