Here are the 9 reports of police misconduct tracked in our National Police Misconduct News Feed for this weekend of March 3-4, 2012:
- 5 Springfield MA cops are the subject of a lawsuit alleging that they beat a man for filming a violent arrest then arrested both him & his wife on false charges that were later dismissed by a judge.  http://bit.ly/w74rzU
- 4 Manchester NH cops are the subject of a lawsuit alleging that they needlessly beat a man so badly outside a bar while off duty that doctors had to put metal plates in his face to repair the damage.  bit.ly/yB4Aok
- New Mexico state trooper was arrested on extortion, bribery, solicitation & sexual assault charges after allegedly caught using his badge to force prostitutes to have sex with him.  alamogordonews.com/ci_20094971
- Henderson NV cop who recently cost that city $300k for kicking a motorist who was suffering from diabetic shock was also the subject of multiple credible perjury complaints just before that incident but he’s still on duty and won’t be facing criminal charges over any incidents.  bit.ly/w796d7
- Dubque Co IA deputy charged with burglary & stalking after threatening his ex-wife’s boyfriend & damaging his boat.  bit.ly/Alnv8z
- Monticello NY police union and Sullivan Co NY DA have joined forces in an effort to kill that city’s new civilian police review board. The DA swears he’ll stop sharing info with the police if the review board is created.  bit.ly/wP7gbH
- Manaplan NJ cop was sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to DUI charges over a crash that seriously injured a corrections officer who was on his way to work.  bit.ly/A1GttK
- Lorain OH cop was cited for failing to stop at a stop sign in an on-duty crash in his patrol car that left another motorist injured.  bit.ly/zzHtBX
- Albuquerque NM cop is under investigation after patrons at a bowling alley called police when they saw his cruiser parked outside and him sitting inside drinking beer with a young child with him.  bit.ly/yH1ycV
Before I go I need to ask for some donations I’m afraid. Aside from the usual monthly ISP bill and yearly renewal fees coming due this month, it’s looking more and more like my wife probably has pneumonia so we’re facing trying to find a way to afford getting her into a doctor’s office without insurance. We held out on her getting looked at for a week in hopes she would get better, but she keeps getting worse now, so I have to use anything I had to pay those things off to get her taken care of. As I’ve said before, I hate to do it, but any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.
That’s it for this weekend, stay safe out there!