Before I start with today’s recap I want to apologize for the feed being sporadic today. It will probably be pretty sporadic for the next few weeks. It would really help out if readers would send us links to reports or info on reports they see during this period of time so we don’t miss anything. Send info to News@InjusticeEverywhere.com or use our contact page.
Here are the 9 reports we were able to track in our National Police Misconduct News Feed for this Monday, October 10, 2011:
- Pensacola FL settles suit for $500k to family of teen who was killed when he was run over by a cop car while chased for riding bike in what police called a high crime area  http://t.co/6qLMvJ70
- Irondequoit NY police sued for excessive force by 77yr-old claiming cops maced & beat him at seatbelt checkpoint  http://t.co/s1UW5ZSL
- Gordon GA cop suspended 3 days after accidentally “dry-stunning” a waitress while playing with his taser at a restaurant  http://t.co/nhOkQ5mR
- Detroit MI police are being sued alleging they’ve been issuing illegal loitering citations to bystanders just for being near crime scenes  http://t.co/m9kYOwY1
- San Antonio TX cop suspended after arrested for chasing her cop boyfriend around with a gun during a dispute where both officers allegedly damaged each others cars with batons  http://t.co/NI6NtXjJ
- Denver CO cop received a fine & a deferred sentence after pleading no contest to assault for attacking a man at a country club for changing a TV channel  http://t.co/6ycJo4kU
- Atlanta GA cop arrested on simple battery charge after brief stand-off with police that was sparked when he allegedly fired a gun during a domestic dispute  http://t.co/ctrpHhqU
- Seminole Co FL sheriff’s sergeant was fired after arrested a month after his hit & skip accident that injured a motorcyclist  http://t.co/WLSvYYoN
- Minnesota state trooper who promoted “Move Over” law is charged w/2 DUIs after alleged hit & skip accident call  http://t.co/0ZKoCpXS
Also, in regards to what happened at Occupy Boston this evening, while some people appear to be claiming that there were mass beatings when police raided a second camp protesters had set up after police asked them to return to their main camp, the videos and live footage from 3 live feeds that I watched last night did not appear to show any excessive force. If anyone has other video footage or independent accounts of what happened that they would like me to review, please let me know.
Thanks, and stay safe out there.