Here are the 11 reports of police misconduct tracked in our National Police Misconduct News Feed for this final Friday of the year, December 30, 2011:
- Baltimore Co MD police sued by woman claiming cops attacked and arrested her on video for recording cops arresting her boyfriend. Unfortunately the video cannot be embedded but is available at the link.  bsun.md/uzofjB
- Louisville KY now-former cop agrees to pay a $750k settlement for violating the rights of a man he wrongfully arrested on DV charges twice involving a woman the officer was secretly involved with.  bit.ly/vEmctM
- Pompton Lakes NJ police may be on hook for causing $12k in damage to a BMW they destroyed in a fruitless drug search following a traffic stop.  bit.ly/uw3gLg
- Attleboro MA police are investigating how an undisclosed amount of drugs went missing from evidence. The chief suspects there’s a bad cop involved and is trying to get permission from the union to perform drug testing on his officers.  bit.ly/u3wmIo
- Los Angeles Co CA deputy received threats for testifying about jail abuses which has prompted a commission investigating those abuses to push for allowing immunity and confidential testimony, a move that both the sheriff and police union are opposing.  lat.ms/ud2vPy
- New Orleans LA settles suit for $25k to daughter of a woman who was murdered along with her friend by her ex-husband after police ignored his death threats promising to kill them both.  bit.ly/sEWK19
- Pittsburgh PA cop who dislocated girlfriend’s jaw forced to be rehired after court upholds arbitrator’s ruling, he’ll also be rewarded about $100k for doing it as well.  http://bit.ly/sLJeoo
- San Diego CA cops refuse to say why they arrested Occupy protesters at GA. A police sergeant at one point jokes that the voices in his head told him to do it when pressed about it on video.  bit.ly/u5fHxX
- Illinois Supreme Court rules that police must preserve dashcam videos as evidence for trials, even misdemeanors after they challenged a judge’s ruling that an officer’s testimony about a stop wouldn’t be allowed at a DUI trial because they deleted video of that stop.  bit.ly/v7u3MZ
- Unicoi Co TN deputy arrested for DUI and possession of firearms while intoxicated during speeding stop  bit.ly/sqzups
- Shively KY cop in DARE program arrested on drunk driving charge after crashing into tree, tested .109 BAC  bit.ly/sBCUiD
Before I go, I just wanted to mention that I’m going to try and get the annual police misconduct video reader’s poll up and running sometime this weekend. It’ll be tough because I have a lot of work to do for my other job, but I’ll do the best I can.
That’s it for this final week of 2011, stay safe out there and have a happy new year!