Here are the 13 reports of police misconduct tracked in our National Police Misconduct News Feed for this weekend of October 15-16, 2011:
- San Diego CA police officer in the above video used some questionable tactics on Occupy San Diego protesters by apparentl applying a choke hold to at least one protester then spraying several others, including the person taking the video. It appears, from this video at least, that he was the only one using force and pepperspray on the protesters during this incident.  bit.ly/pDCWCe
- New York NY police on this video appear to tell an Occupy Wall Street protester that he can walk through a police line and promise him they won’t arrest him if he does, then arresting him for doing it.  bit.ly/qlUsZw
- New York NY police in this video above make some highly questionable arrests outside and inside a Citibank branch where Occupy Wall Street protesters were trying to close their accounts. The really questionable one is where a woman, claiming to be a customer, is grabbed by a man in plain clothes then dragged inside to be arrested. This is really disturbing because the official statement is that the people arrested at that incident were charged with trespassing for refusing to go outside when the manager told them to.  bit.ly/qI6xyn
- A New York NY police deputy inspector who appeared in our news feed on Friday punching a protester in the face on video is apparently the same white-shirted officer who was shown, in the video above, in some questionable use of force incidents on a photographer and a woman right before his fellow officer peppersprayed a group of women for no apparent reason.  bit.ly/pFoWFV
- A judge has ruled that 2 Minneapolis MN cops violated the rights of a man who they strip searched in public in front of others on a video captured by a security guard working at a nearby building. Rulings like this are rare and the jury award phase of that civil case will start in December.  bit.ly/rnDt5w
- Unicoi County TN sheriff faces indictment on official misconduct, aggravated assault, theft & evidence tampering charges  bit.ly/n4KJYA
- Farmington NM cop suspended after arrested on allegations he beat his girlfriend while on vacation in Michigan  bit.ly/pAaVLw
- Baltimore MD cop already convicted for extortion now charged with assault for allegedly attacking his wife  bit.ly/nL95iZ
- Wilmington DE is being sued by the ACLU after police cited terrorism laws in their refusal to divulge taser and cell phone tracking records  bit.ly/pNRxon
- Miami Beach FL police lieutenant already facing demotion over his role in a cop’s drunken ATV crash into tourists is now accused of fudging his timesheets.  bit.ly/paMbSG
- Truro MA police chief has been suspended after arrested for allegedly crashing his police cruiser while intoxicated  bo.st/nc17LI
- Owyhee Co ID sheriff asked to resign while in the midst of unspecified investigation by Attorney General’s Office  bit.ly/qFHZNq
- Warren OH cop charged w/DUI after crashing into other car, arrested last year for DV incident that injured 2yr-old  http://bit.ly/rm1YU2
Our @InjusticeNews news feed may go offline for a while, or at least become a bit sporadic. We weren’t able to come up with enough to pay our internet access bill this month yet so they might shut it off at some point. We’ll see.
Stay safe out there!