Since this weekend was both the last weekend of the year 2011 and the first weekend of 2012 I’ve split up the reports we tracked since they’ll be going in different databases, so to speak. So…
On the last day of the year, Saturday, December 31, 2011 we tracked 4 reports:
- Phoenix AZ cop & his friend were arrested on aggravated assault charges after both of them pulled guns on bouncers who maced them for brawling with other patrons.  bit.ly/tQ9s5c
- Miami-Dade FL cop gets probation in reduced charge plea deal for molesting young girls during traffic stops, prosecutors offered the reduced charge deal after one of the teens was caught making false claims against a family member.  bit.ly/vHZppB
- Oregon State trooper resigns after pleading guilty to official misconduct & possession of meth charges. He was sentenced to probation as part of that plea deal  bit.ly/smpPDd
- Bridgeport CT police forced by arbitrator to rehire a police lieutenant fired for covering up boyfriend cop’s hit & run crash. They were allowed to demote her though, after giving her back pay.  bit.ly/u1NHTy
And on the first day of the new year, Sunday, January 1, 2012 we tracked 7 reports:
- New York NY state trooper suspended but not charged after breaking into home while he was drunk & assaulting the homeowner inside who was trying to protect his family.  bit.ly/w0dSFD
- New York NY police are being accused of making random arrests during an OWS protest by an actress who complains that an officer was rude to her and shoved her when she tried to approach a police van containing a girl she says was wrongfully arrested and wasn’t associated with the protest.  bit.ly/rEcfTX
- Washington DC Airport Authority police officer was arrested on an unspecified solicitation of a minor charge.  on.wusa9.com/tVdfSK
- Georgia trooper was speeding with his emergency lights on but witnesses say they didn’t hear a siren when he ran a red light and crashed into an SUV in an accident that killed an Atlanta Braves trainer’s wife.  http://bit.ly/sUz0Oe
- Soda Springs ID cop was arrested for battery & disturbing the peace following a domestic dispute with his girlfriend on New Years Eve.  bit.ly/uKW2ay
- Winnebago Co IL sheriff’s sergeant was suspended on unspecified misconduct allegations for the 3rd time in 14 months. While the reason for this suspension was not divulged yet, one of the others appears to have involved allegations of sexual harassment.  bit.ly/vx619A
- Canal Fulton OH cop has resigned in order to stop an investigation into unspecified misconduct that followed a “last chance” agreement he signed as a result of a previous incident. The officer appears to have skipped around other departments prior to this agency, interestingly enough.  bit.ly/tENEuF
That’s it for this weekend, but don’t forget to check out our Worst Police Misconduct Videos of 2011 Readers Poll and cast your vote for the ones you hate the most.
Stay safe out there!