Here are the 15 reports of police misconduct tracked for Wednesday, March 30, 2016:
- Miami Gardens, Florida: An officer has been placed under criminal investigation for sexual misconduct for several incidents while in uniform. ow.ly/1056XW
- Update: Seneca, South Carolina (First reported 07-31-15): The City settled with the family of Zachary Hammond, who was fatally shot in the back while fleeing an officer who was trying to arrest the passenger in his car during misdemeanor drug sting. The settlement was for $2.15M. ow.ly/1057gr
- Fort Wayne, Indiana: An officer was arrested for drunk driving and walking away from the scene of accident. When apprehended about a mile away, his BAC was .21. ow.ly/105dgs
- Update: Iberia Parish, Louisiana (First reported 02-29-16): A ninth deputy pled guilty to charges related to role in 2011 beating of inmate. The sheriff remains under federal indictment. ow.ly/105aqc
- Baltimore, Maryland: A jury awarded a man $70,000 in lawsuit that accused three officers of excessive force during a traffic stop. ow.ly/105uel
- Glasgow, Kentucky: An officer was suspended during an administrative investigation into domestic violence against a juvenile. A grand jury declined to indict the officer for the incident. ow.ly/105wRf
- Atlanta, Georgia: Two officers got into fight at a restaurant on duty. One of them eventually pulled a gun. That officer was charged with aggravated assault and resigned. The other has been suspended. ow.ly/105xLg
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: The state will not file criminal charges against two officers for the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark. ow.ly/105VqX
The Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training Council released a report of its quarterly administrative actions. The following seven reports can be found at this link: ow.ly/105zNh
- Iron County, Utah: A deputy had his law enforcement certificate revoked for pulling a gun on a cadet.
- Millard County, Utah: A deputy had his law enforcement certificate revoked after he stole pain medication.
- Salt Lake City Airport: A now-former officer had her law enforcement certificate suspended for one year after pleading guilty to DUI. She was sentenced to 48 hours of community service. She had been fired before the council ruling.
- Bountiful, Utah: An officer had her law enforcement certificate suspended for one year after being convicted for DUI. She remains with the department and was sentenced to probation for three years.
- Salt Lake City (Unified PD), Utah: An officer had her law enforcement certificate suspended for one year after pleading guilty to DUI. She was sentenced to 48 hours of community service.
- Utah Department of Public Safety: An officer had his law enforcement certificate suspended for three months for improper use of a police database.
- West Valley City, Utah: A now-former officer had her law enforcement certificate suspended for six months for improper use of a police database. She resigned.